If you are considering dental implants in Auburndale, FL, ask your dental professional about mini dental implants and if they are right for you. The mini implants are a great alternative to traditional implants for many patients.
What Are Mini Dental Implants?
Mini implants, as the name suggests are significantly smaller than traditional implants. Minis are less than 3 millimeters in diameter while traditional implants are 3.7 millimeters or greater. Most are solid and made of titanium and have been FDA approved for long-term use in bridges, dentures and crowns.
When Are They Necessary?
Your dental professional may recommend mini implants for a few reasons: ·
Small Spaces and Teeth: When the available gap or tooth being replaced is small, mini implants are the perfect size to provide a stable solution. ·
Denture Stabilization: These implants are ideal for snap on/off dentures and stabilizing the lower denture especially. ·
Traditional Alternative: Many patients have the choice between traditional and mini implants and may opt for the mini version as a less invasive or cheaper alternative.
What Are the Benefits?
Mini implants come with a range of benefits to patients:
· No-Graft Failure: Should one of your implants fail, the toothpick-sized hole left behind will not need a graft and might heal without any interference at all.
· Solid and Strong: While the implants are small, they are solid and made of titanium, meaning they are strong and durable.
· Bone-Loss Patients: When patients lack enough bone for traditional dental implants, mini implants may be the solution.
· Single Appointment: The mini implants can be fitted in a single appointment as can most crowns.
· Cost: Because they come in one piece and require only one appointment, mini dental implants are typically more cost-effective than their traditional counterparts.
Ask Dr. Thurston (DI) about the benefits of mini implants at your next appointment. Call us at 844.827.0839 to schedule your next visit.
Currently rated by 0 people